Monday, October 20, 2008

The Countdown Has Begun


In a few short days, my debut children's novel, Dragon Wishes, goes supernova!!!!

Okay, maybe that's a little exaggerated. I've been reading a lot of scifi stuff recently. Dragon Wishes officially releases on November 4, but I got to do my first interview last week, and it is now available online as a website radio link. Very cool. Suzanne Lieurance with book bites for kids is a great interviewer. She made me feel very at home and easy. I had fun talking about my new book and what it's about. So if you get a chance, please pop by and take a listen. It's guaranteed to be entertaining...I think!


In other news, I went to the Tulsa Oktoberfest this weekend. My husband is from Germany, so this is one of those fun - slightly mandatory - events my kids drag us to each year. They didn't wear their traditional dirndls - Austrian dresses - to the event, but that's only because they wanted to ride all of the carnival rides. I was dragged along onto those. Gone are the days when I hurried up to a ride with no thought as to whether the bolts would hold, the car wouldn't break off in the turn when the G-forces are at their strongest, or, in teh least damaging scenario, I'd lose consciousness or toss my cookies.

My girls don't have nay of these worries. They're still too young. It's how fast, how far, how much fun can we have while riding. And they pulled me right into that fantastical world Friday afternooon. We had a blast. And, as an added bonus, I lived to tell about it...and do it all again next year.

No comments: