Wednesday, October 15, 2008

October Ovation

Barrie Summy, author of I So Don't Do Mysteries, came up with this great idea to do an October Ovation. We are to tout the horns of those we admire or who have helped us, or who are just, pretty much, great people.

The list is so long. So many people have helped me and been great role models for me throughout my life. However, if I had to pick one, it's Tricia Gallagher. As a full time mom, she doesn't always get the recognition she should, but she's been an amazing friend to me. When my girls were in a near fatal sledding accident five years ago, it was Tricia who helped me survive the first twenty-four hours, and the many that came after that.

When I began my writing endeavors, Tricia read through all of my manuscripts and critiqued them meticulously - part of her legal training put to work for me - which made me a better writer.

When I was on author tour two summers ago, she put me, my children, and my babysitter up for a week in her house, which, did I mention, was totally under renovation.

Tricia Gallagher is a great friend. She's a great role model. She's a great person. And I've never really gotten the chance to tell her how great I think she is. Tricia, this October Ovation is for you!

Share the love by checking out these other blogs for more October Ovations:

Barrie Summy
Through the Tollbooth
Ellen Booraem
Stacy Nyikos
Maureen McGowan
Elizabeth–About New York
Jason–Scribblings of a Madman
Becky Levine
The Adventures (and Misadventures) of Amy
Sandy–Peaceful Heart Stained Glass
Gabe–Gabe’s Meanderings
Debra–From Skilled Hands
Welcome to the Patti-O
Patti Abbott–pattinase
Beth Yarnell
Travis–One Word, One Rung, One Day
Larramie–Seize A Daisy

No comments: